Extremely rich in Vitamins E and K, essential fatty acids and antioxidants, prickly pear seed oil has been shown to:
- Moisturize and soften skin
- Restore elasticity
- Neutralize free radicals that cause signs of aging
- Brighten under-eye circles
Richer in weight and texture than argan oil, prickly pear seed oil is ideal for dry, mature skin types.
Kahina Prickly Pear Seed Oil is 100% organic and sourced in very small batches at the same cooperative that produces argan oil.
Other common names for this oil include Barbary fig seed oil, Indian fig seed oil, and prickly cactus seed oil.
This oil is cold first pressed from the seeds and is not to be confused with macerated extracts of the flowers or fruits of the prickly pear cactus.
How to use:
- Apply 1-3 drops (as needed) to face and neck in the evening after cleansing
- Prickly Pear Seed Oil is used in place of Argan Oil or Serum at night. If desired, alternate nights of Prickly Pear Seed Oil and Serum or Argan Oil.
- You may layer Night Cream or Facial Lotion on top of the Prickly Pear Seed Oil for additional hydration.
Note: oil's natural scent is reminiscent of hay.